Thursday, July 19, 2007

vogue.

I finished Harry Potter in a mere 52 hours. If you take out 20 hours out for work, 18 hours for sleep, and 3 hours at happy hour last night, that means I really only had 11 "available" hours in which to eat, drink, socialize, and read the book. At 652 pages, I view it as quite a feat, especially when I count in the 10 minute break I had to take in the Potbelly's bathroom to compose myself after a particularly emotional part (I don't give away any details). It was a good warm up for this weekend, I'm sure.

Ok, in other news:
I know it's a little random, but I love Winona. I really do. I mean, Heathers, Reality Bites, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Little Women... such memories of my childhood. She had that little freak-out with the shoplifting thing, but I still think she's fabulous.

No one can pull off a pixie-cut quite like she can and those big brown eyes work perfectly on the big screen. I usually like her style (she's a ridiculous Marc Jacobs fan) although I think she wears too much black, which is why I ADORE this Vogue cover shot. The jewel tones are perfect on her and I just love that she has always embraced her porcelain skin. I recently saw a picture of her with Eva Mendes (they were at Fashion Week together... otherwise, I just wouldn't be able to explain that pairing) and Eva looked disgusting. Ew. As much as I like getting a little color in the summer time, Winona reminds me that pale can be beautiful, too. It's obviously helped her age well: she looks better than she did when she was 25. Welcome back to the celeb world, Noni (get out while you still can!).

No comments: