Tuesday, August 28, 2007

daily randoms.

1) Why don't they make dirty birthday cards for grandmothers? I think my grandmother would call me up and yell at me if I sent her one of those sappy ones with flowers and a poem. Instead, I usually have to stick to the classic dirty card with no mention of it being for my grandmother. I guess she really is a special one.

2) I'm so ready for it to be fall that I'm pretty much just skipping September in my head. I'm already making plans to go to the Haunted Forest up in Maryland and I'm prepping myself for weekends full of Billy Martin's pumpkin pancakes. I mean, September's a pretty worthless month anyway. Not really summer, not really fall. Booooring.

3) For those of you not living in this great nation's capital of ours, you may not know about the ridiculocity of our cab system. Instead of being a metered fare like every other city in the world, DC has to be "special" and charge according to zones. This means that even the most attuned DC resident usually has no idea how much their cab ride will cost, and it allows the DC cab drivers to charge whatever they want, and get away with it. Well kids, that ends today. I am going to single-handedly end the practice of cab drivers picking a price. With the help of this handy little calculator, I have figured out how much it will cost me to get from the boutique to the bar this evening. If the cab driver even attempts to overcharge me, he will certainly recieve a stern talking to, complete with maps and printouts. He won't know what hit him.

No comments: