Tuesday, August 21, 2007

makeup madness.

Call me vain, superficial, whatever you want, but one of the first things I think of when meeting a woman for the first time is what I would change about her makeup. Sure, there are some women who know what they're doing and look great, but it's a rarity in this town. I understand that a lot of people want to look "natural" or "fresh-faced," but there's a way to do that without showing ALL of your pores. Just 3 or 4 products would make a huge difference, trust me.


Makeup is all about finding colors and techniques that suit you: your complexion, face shape, best features, etc. I don't recommend all of these products for everybody, but I've been asked about my makeup routine many times, so here it is:

Step 1: Wash my face, either with my prescription stuff or once a week with this scrub:


Step 2: Moisturize. In the winter I use something more hard-core, but for the humid summer-time this works just fine (remember to find something with SPF!):

Step 3: After moisturizer sinks in, use spot concealer if needed and then apply MAC Studio Fix:

Step 4: Apply the shit, aka Nars Blush in Orgasm. I dust it along my cheekbones, all the way into my hairline, rather than rounding my face by applying on the apples of my cheeks:

Step 5: Your eyes. I normally dust a vanilla shimmery shade over the entire lid and up to the brows, like Cargo's Aspen. Then, depending on my mood/weather/what I'm wearing I'll apply a more vibrant color like MAC's Parfair Amour or Nars' Strada or Cleo either along my lash line or into my crease. If I'm feeling extra sassy (this is for daytime, people!), I'll smudge a little black liner (I use CoverGirl-- I can be cheap!) on the inside of my bottom lid. Finish off with DiorShow mascara on top lashes.

Step 6: Lips-- I usually stick to Gloss and MAC is my favorite, in Lychee Luxe, Underage, and Pink Lemonade (boo to MAC for not letting me steal their pictures!).

Voila! You're done. It's really pretty easy. Now, for nighttime makeup, that's a whole other story.....

1 comment:

Sarah D. Smith said...

I love mascaras. I love them on the both natural and artificial eyelashes . I am loving these referred accessories, specially the mascaras. I am going have a party with friends and I am intending to have a look with foundation and make up with mascaras . I will wear a beautiful white party dress