No, you haven't come across a new blog, it's the same old Kiki, just in holiday fashion! I love love LOVE Christmas (*some* may say it's leaning toward obsession) and I just felt like my blog should share the love.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I spent my 12 hour drive back with a whole lot of Christmas music and even a little Delilah (quite possibly my biggest guilty pleasure) and it definitely got me in the mood. I can't focus at work today because all I want to do is get home and DECORATE. Instead I'm stuck here with my constantly growing Christmas iTunes playlist, waiting for 5:30 to come!
Here's a sample of my all time top 10 Christmas songs (in no particular order):
1. Little Drummer Boy/ Peace on Earth: David Bowie and Bing Crosby
2. All I Want for Christmas is You: Mariah Carey
3. The First Noel: Josh Groban (the one time of the year my love for Josh Groban can be out in the open)
4. What Child is This: Harry Connick Jr.
5. Last Christmas: Wham!
6. So This is Christmas: John Lennon
7. The Lord's Prayer: Barbara Streisand (it's nostalgic, I suppose. Her "amen" at the end is a classic in my house. It's right up there with her version of Jingle Bells. Whoever told this woman to make a Christmas album was insane... or an absolute genius. I'm not quite sure which.)
8. Christmas Canon: TransSiberian Orchestra
9. Winter Wonderland: Perry Como
10. Where Are You Christmas?: Faith Hill