So I'm stealing this from VA's blog because it's the Monday before a whole lot of days off and I have absolutely zero creativity. Kate also "tagged" me for a meme but I don't have 7 blogging friends, so I don't feel like I can really pass it on properly. Plus the whole thing seems like chain letters, which my mom told me were very very illegal. To this day I don't know if that's true, but I'm still a little miffed that I could never participate in the panty swap or whatever other chain letters came my way. Still, I won't ever ever send a chain letter. Freaks me out.
Anyhoo, on to the meme!
I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments...what is it?
Produce - Vidalia onions. Yes, I eat them like apples, but that doesn't mean you can.
Bakery – Un baguette! Hon hon hon! Foux da fa fa.... (see video below)
Meat - Boeuf! (I can keep going with this...)
Frozen - CPK Pizzas. Yummmm.
Dry goods - 'Nilla wafers.
Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 outfits with you. So, what's in your bag?
Let's say that this is my worst nightmare. 3 outfits for one weekend?! Not likely.
If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
1. So, last night... (insert insane drunk story here.)
2. I should yelp this.
4. I hate my job.
5. How long till happy hour?
So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you'd probably be in a pretty irritable/bad mood?
1. Going out with friends.
What are 3 things that you have in your bedroom that have been with you for the longest amount of time?
1. My mattress. I stole it from my old bedroom in the ATL.
2. My mom's signet ring that she gave me when I turned 13.
3. My sheets were my mom's when she was a kid. Soooo soft. :)
If you were only allowed to listen to 5 of your CDs for the rest of your life, never adding anything else, which 5 could you listen to & be content with?
Hmmm, I don't really listen to CD's any more, but I'm relatively music-spastic and I don't think I could choose regardless.
You are driving down the road, and suddenly you're hit with this sense of road rage. What 3 factors probably contributed to it?
1. Poorly timed lights are the bane of my existence in DC.
2. When the street that has no traffic and is actually moving relatively quickly becomes a one way in the wrong direction.
3. When I'm running late and I hit traffic or a moron who drives too slow or anything that impedes me from going far beyond the speed limit.
Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
2. Watching bad TV (Oprah!)
5. Drooling at the gem room at the Smithsonian.
We're going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
Welllll, since the zoo in DC is FREE (thanks, tax dollars!) I can go as often as I wish so I wouldn't be too upset. Still, I miss the giraffe so if I was at a different zoo I'd definitely check them out. I also love elephants and of course, the pandas.
You just scored tickets to the taping of any show of your choice. You can pick between 5, so what are you deciding between?
I'm assuming this means a TV show...
2. Price is Right (back in the Bob Barker days, and as long as I don't have to sleep on the street the night before).
Eh, I'm really over TV. 3 concert-shows that I'd love to see:
3. Josh Ritter (yes, AGAIN).
4. The Kooks.
5. Ryan Adams, if I could make the set list.
You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Mint Chocolate Chip.
2. German Chocolate.
Somebody stole your purse/wallet...in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
Well, my purse's nickname is "Mary" as in a Mary Poppins bag so all I can tell you is that if you wish for something, it's in there. I promise. So to keep it a little less "open" I'll do my wallet.
1. Two pictures of my little brother. Awwww.
2. Absolutely zero dollars in cash. Maybe 1 or 2, on a good day.
3. Waaay too many club cards, some to groceries in cities that I don't even live in anymore.
4. A hot Irish waiter from Fogo de Chao's phone number.
5. Some "You've Been Yelped" cards.
You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 5 careers would be fun for you?
1. Fashion designer.
2. Boutique owner.
3. Dog foster mom. (yeah, if only I could make money doing this)
4. Own a ranch for injured/orphaned/homeless wildlife.
5. Greenpeace crazy-ass protester. Right now I'd be in the boat trying to fight the whalers from Japan. Bastards.
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school and inform yourself of 5 things that were going to happen, what would it be?
1. Study harder. It doesn't necessarily matter, but you know you're smarter than this.
2. You won't know what real friends are until you're out on your own, but Camille is just about the best thing that's ever happened to you. Although you know that already.
3. This, this is a straightening iron. It will change your life.
4. Not everyone in the world was lucky enough to be raised like you were. Be openminded to those you disagree with and be understanding towards those who just don't know what the hell you're talking about.
5. You're going to live in Ohio for 4 years. No, I'm not joking.