It's my new slogan, and it's true. Even though we're a mere 72 hours into it (and I spent the first 24 with the worst hangover in the history of the world), 2008 is the best year ever.
Shall we count the ways?
1. First and foremost, I GOT A NEW JOB. A brand spanking new, fantastic, pays a normal salary, can walk to work, free tuition for grad school, event planning, work with fabulous young hip people, non soul-sucking JOB. The possibility of waking up and not dreading work is a new ballgame for me. I've hated my current job since the day I started... a year and a half ago. This is incredible.
2. Said new job requires new wardrobe. A trip to Tyson's is in order for this weekend!
3. I'll be moving into a bigger bedroom in a week. Hooray for more living space and a closet connected to my room!
4. My absolutely fantastic roomies are throwing me a new job celebration tomorrow night at Matchbox, one of my most favorite places (although it does force me to choose between Chimay and Delirium, which is just evil) and I'm pretty stoked about it.
5. I am currently shopping for a plane ticket to Palm Beach to see my ultimate BFF and soak up the sun before starting the new job! I'll be back down there in February but I'm thinking that 2 times within late winter works for me. :)
All in all, things are looking up.