Like gravity and the law of constant composition, here are a couple of things that I have found to remain true. Always and forevermore.
1. You will spend your days surrounded by bobby pins: in your car, your purse, your pocket; until the day that you actually need one. Then they will all disappear. The same goes for rubberbands, pens, chapstick, men, and money.
2. When a prospective employer tells you that she'll call at 5:30, you won't get a single thing done until after 5:30. And time will pretty much stop right around 4:23.
3. The 50% off all calendars sale at Borders and Barnes and Noble right at the 1st of the year is just about the best thing ever. Something on sale when you actually need it. How novel!
4. Being engrossed in a book is fantastic. Leaving it at home and having to wait for said book to be shipped to you is downright painful.
5. Pearl Jam will never go out of style. Well, maybe out of "style," but it'll still be incredible music.
6. I must sprain my ankle at least once a year. At least.
7. Cheap champagne causes the worst hangovers in the history of the world. I STILL hate you, Andre.