Friday, October 5, 2007

daily randoms.

1. 'Splain this one to me. I ordered some stamps from usps.com because we like to use the pretty environmentally-conscious ones that come in a big pretty panel and the ladies at the post office always give me dirty looks when I ask for 20 sheets of them. The website informed me that the stamps would ship within a day, I ordered them on Wednesday early morning. I received a tracking number late yesterday afternoon and get this... it doesn't work. The freaking United States Postal Service can't manage to ship their own package. I still have not received the stamps, which is problematic because I have eleventy billion letters to send before the weekend. Oops. Stupid post office. Argh.

2. I have been working all day. Yes, actually working. And talking to Camille. But still, majority working. What have I been doing that's oh-so important? Addressing envelopes. Yes folks, I have my college degree and I have spent the last 6 hours addressing envelopes. I have to change my handwriting to keep myself entertained. It's painful. I've just completed one set for one luncheon, now on to another! Sick.

3. I am so unbelievably happy that it is Friday. This weekend's going to be a little crazy as the famdamily is in town and let's just say we put the fun in dysfunctional. Eeeesh. It's going to be insane. I'm also working on Sunday-- not sure why I thought that would be a good idea. I could *really* use a day off, especially after this hellish week.

4. The boutique had its grand opening party last night and it was fab.u.lous. Lots of pretty people, pretty clothes, and pretty drinks. Good good times. I do love all the girls that work there, so we have a good time together. While being surrounded by pretty things. Not too rough. :)

5. Do you get Columbus day off? Yes? I hate you. I hate living in DC where people actually get those ridiculous holidays off. No break till Thanksgiving! Wooooooooo.

At this point I'm about to fall asleep at my desk, so I should probably try to keep moving with this addressing envelopes fun. I'm such a lucky girl. So this doesn't become a complete Debbie Downer entry, I'll leave you all with this:

Yaaay SatC movie! I'm a little weirded out that I like Miranda's "look" the best though. Her hair is outstanding.

3 comments:

Katelin said...

I don't have Columbus Day off either. Sad, sad.

Anonymous said...

buttface. my stories keep you entertained and you know it. GUESS WHAT
my hair looks exactly like miranda's these days. thanks to you. i love her dress too...but it looks more you than me. i miss you. come save me from work, where my bosses put the fun in dysfunctional, and i do the awkward turtle.

Anonymous said...

it's rare that a lady goes lesbian only to become a better dresser. then again, the movies are not real life, huh?