Friday, June 1, 2007

friday is for lovers.

Oh man, 4:42 on a Friday and I am SO ready to get out of here. Shocking, I know.

No honestly set plans for the weekend, but that's how I like it. Leave everything open to chance, see how the mood moves me. Tonight I think I'm going to meet up with my old friend Neil at my old friend Dr. Dremo's. Oh man, it's been a while. And yes, I will break South Beach and drink a Delirium. I'm not going to Dremo's for their vodka and soda collection, I can tell you that much. Tonight is going to be about Delirium, the jukebox, and maybe some darts and I cannot wait. Seriously. I haven't seen Neil since drunk brunch on Easter and I haven't seen Dr. Dremo's since New Years! It's been exactly 6 months.... 6 months too long.

Speaking of 6 months, how in God's name is it already June?? I mean, really. It just kind of snuck around the corner and slapped me silly! This time last year I was in Spain.... ooh, I shouldn't even talk about it. I'll get all wanderlust-y.

The only other thing I've got on my mind for this weekend is a crab omelette from Tunnicliff's over by Eastern Market. Oh man, that thing is the SHIT. So much crabmeat, so much goodness. Can't wait till Sunday! I'm a little nervous to see the Market post-fire but I'm hoping that things are recovering quickly. It's my most favorite place in the city and I just couldn't stand to see it hurting. Tear.

Oh, and ps to all of my loyal readers (all 3 of you): I'm sorry for yesterday's post. It's rare that I drop the f-bomb but I was a messy combination of tired, angry, and HUNGRY. In fact, I'm still hungry. This is no way to live! Grr.

As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

No comments: