Tuesday, June 5, 2007

goodbye, ruby tuesday...

It's only day 2 and this is already the longest week in the history of the world. It feels like it's at LEAST Thursday. Oy. Not going to be fun. I think it may be in part that this week really doesn't have much going on but the next two weeks I am crazy busy.

Today I had to go over to a big law firm's office to plan our upcoming Board meeting, and I've decided that being a lawyer wouldn't be all that bad. I mean, the paychecks are sweet, you work in incredible offices, and people respect you. I'm so done with this whole non-profit thing, its just not what I'm cut out for. I mean, we met today to discuss our conference room furniture and there was actual discussion of buying it from a thrift store. I mean, really. It's a little.... sad.

The past weekend was pretty good, nothing exciting but I'm totally cool with that. I don't think I left the house until 9:30 on Saturday, but I got some great cleaning done! God, I'm old. Sunday was really gross out but Alli and I still trekked to Eastern Market, had my orgasmic crab omelette, and did a quick lap among the vendors. The fire damage is really upsetting and its crazy to see how quiet the area was (although the majority of that could have been due to the nasty-ass weather). Because it was so gross, we decided to go see Knocked Up, which was hysterical. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially as a date movie. I think the guys liked it just as much as we did. Soooo good. Also, holy shit: Paul Rudd. Mamma mia.

No comments: